Back Pain Treatment in Lincoln
Without a doubt, one of the most frequent complaints we see in our office is back pain. Back pain is among the leading causes of disability in this country. That is why we work hard to educate all of our patients on some of the most common causes and treatments of back pain.
The Common Causes of Back Pain
If someone is suffering from back pain, there are a few common causes. Some of the most frequent reasons our patients suffer from back pain include:
- Poor posture that leads to the misalignment of vertebrae in the back, impacting the structural integrity of bones, joints, nerves, and muscle fibers
- The overuse of muscles that support the spinal column
- Pinched nerves that might be compressed as they depart the vertebrae and travel throughout the body
- A herniated disc, which might lead to shooting pains that travel down the arms and legs
- A possible compression fracture stemming from a fall or injury
- Degenerative disc disease, arthritis, and other common chronic medical conditions
These are only a few of the many common causes of back pain that we see. One of the most common is called a subluxation.
Subluxation as a Cause of Back Pain
One of the common back pain causes that we see is called a subluxation. A subluxation is a type of injury that impacts the bones and joints, including those of the back. If the subluxation of the back has taken place, then one or more of the vertebrae (or joints) has moved slightly from its proper location. This displacement can lead to back pain and can impact the overall structure and function of muscles, nerves, bones, tendons, and ligaments in the back. Fortunately, a trained chiropractor knows how to deal with these injuries.
Chiropractic Treatment of Back Pain: The Benefits
If someone comes to see a chiropractor for the treatment of back pain, he or she will start with a complete history and physical examination. Then, using chiropractic adjustments and manipulations, the vertebrae will be restored to their proper locations. Proper alignment is critical in the back pain treatment process. Then, corrective exercises, physical therapy, and even acupuncture can be used to complete the recovery process. Some of the benefits of working with a chiropractor as a back pain doctor include:
- The potential side effects of back pain treatment are minimized
- A chiropractic back pain doctor is going to work to identify the root cause of the pain, helping to prevent it from returning
- A chiropractor will work to get to know his or her patients individually and tailor the treatment plans to meet those needs
Comparing the Types of Back Pain
There are multiple types of back pain. These include:
- Upper Back Pain: Upper back pain takes place closer to the neck than the pelvis. Overall, upper back pain is not as common as lower back pain. Some of the most common causes of upper back pain include whiplash, postural issues, degenerative disc disease, arthritis, and pinched nerves.
- Lower Back Pain: Lower back pain is more common than upper back pain. Individuals who suffer from lower back pain tend to suffer from paraspinal muscle tenderness, muscle overuse, a herniated disc in the lumbar region, and posture problems.
Visit Larson Chiropractic and Acupuncture for a Back Pain Doctor in Lincoln
At Larson Chiropractic and Acupuncture, we know that back pain can be incredibly frustrating. That is why we will work hard to deliver high-quality, compassionate healthcare to everyone who comes to see us. We would be happy to take care of any back problems you or your loved ones might have as well. If you would like to learn more about how services, then please call (402) 421-1626 to schedule an appointment with our back pain doctor in Lincoln. We look forward to hearing from you!
Lower Back Pain
One of the most common reasons why people come to see us at Larson Chiropractic is for back pain. The good news is that our doctors have gone to school to learn specifically how to treat back pain. Lower back pain is one of the leading causes of disability in the United States. That is why we work hard to make sure that we know how to treat lower back pain effectively. If you are looking for lower back pain relief in Lincoln, look no further than us. Take a look at some of the helpful information that we have put together below!
What Are the Causes of Lower Back Pain?
There are numerous reasons why someone might come to see us complaining of lower back pain. Some of the most common causes include:
- Herniated Disc: Without a doubt, this is one of the most common reasons why patients come in with lower back pain. The vertebrae in the back are separated by small discs. Sometimes, these discs end up herniating. The most common locations are the disc between L3 and L4 or the disc between L4 and L5.
- Pinched Nerve: Sometimes, patients come in with back pain that has to do with a pinched nerve. Nerves leave the back and travel elsewhere throughout the body; however, if they get compressed along the way, this can lead to back pain.
- Paraspinal Muscle Tenderness: This is a cause of back pain that stems from overuse. An overuse injury tends to take place either while playing sports or due to working a job that involves heavy lifting. This can cause people to feel sore and stiff.
These are some of the most common causes of lower back pain.
What Are the Common Symptoms of Lower Back Pain?
Lower back pain can present in a variety of ways. The symptoms that someone comes to see us with will help us make the correct diagnosis. For example, some people complain of pain that shoots down the back and into the leg. This is a common symptom with a herniated disc or a pinched nerve.
Sometimes, people complain of pain that is located on the sides of the vertebrae instead of directly on top of them. The bones themselves are fine but the muscles on the sides feel knotted and stiff. This is a common presentation of paraspinal muscle tenderness.
Finally, other patients come in with point tenderness that is located directly on top of the vertebrae themselves. This is a common signal that there is something wrong with the bones. It could be a compression fracture.
Lower Back Pain Relief in Lincoln
When it comes to lower back pain treatment, we seek to take a well-rounded approach. We start with a physical exam that could uncover more information about someone’s pain, such as lower back pain right side. Then, we use a combination of chiropractic care and acupuncture to provide lower back pain relief in Lincoln.
When it comes to lower back pain treatment, we will use adjustments and manipulations to make sure the bones are lined up properly. This will help alleviate issues with not only the vertebrae but also the muscles and ligaments as well.
Then, we will use acupuncture to help control the flow of nerve signals, blood, oxygen, and more. By placing small needles in specific locations, we can relax muscles and nerves, helping people with back pain.
Why Larson Chiropractic is the Best Lower Back Pain Doctor
At Larson Chiropractic and Acupuncture, we are proud to be a local lower back pain doctor. We provide a wide range of services to our patients in the local area of Lincoln, NE. We are led by Dr. Chad Larson, we offer a multidisciplinary set of services including family chiropractic care, acupuncture, pediatric care, and more! Call us today at (402) 421-1626 to make an appointment!
Upper Back Pain
At any given moment, 10 percent of the world’s population suffers from back pain, with some 80 percent of Americans having this problem during their lifetimes. One particular issue, upper back pain, has become increasingly prevalent, especially among seniors. If you have difficulty getting through daily life because of upper back pain, rest assured that you can enjoy upper back pain relief without necessarily turning to surgery — thanks to the services offered by our Omaha chiropractor at Larson Chiropractic and Acupuncture.
Symptoms and Causes of Upper Back Pain
Upper back pain can range from a dull ache to a sharp stinging or burning sensation in or around the lumbar vertebrae. Muscle spasms in the upper back can cause bouts of pain, while pinched nerves associated with upper back problems may cause tingling, pain, or numbness that extends into the legs. Your upper back pain may get especially bad when you stand up, walk, or sit down.
An acute injury can cause a sudden onset of upper back pain. Examples include torn back muscles, strained ligaments, or herniated discs sustained in a car collision, workplace accident, or sports injury. Acute upper back pain usually resolves when injured tissues heal. the same is not true for chronic upper back pain, in which the underlying condition may not lend itself to a cure. Spinal arthritis, age-related bulging discs, musculoskeletal misalignment, obesity, and weak back muscles can also play roles in chronic upper back pain.
Non-Surgical Upper Back Pain Treatment Options
Our upper back pain doctor can examine your spine to discover any disc problems, arthritis, alignment errors, pinched nerves, or other potential culprits behind your pain. We can then customize a non-surgical upper back pain treatment program just for you.
Chiropractic adjustment can help many cases of upper back pain. Our chiropractor in Omaha NE can shift your spinal structures to improve alignment, ease the muscular strain, and decompress nerves. Massage therapy soothes tight back muscles, promotes injury healing, and improves upper back flexibility. Acupuncture can relieve both acute and chronic pain.
Why Should You Bring Your Upper Back Pain to Larson Chiropractic and Acupuncture?
Larson Chiropractic and Acupuncture doesn’t just treat symptoms. Instead, our Omaha chiropractor takes your whole-body health and wellness into account, focusing on the underlying issues that created your upper back pain. This approach helps us enhance, not just your upper back comfort, but also your overall function and well-being. We accept several kinds of insurance to help you get the care you need as easily as possible.