Back Pain Treatment in Lincoln
Without a doubt, one of the most frequent complaints we see in our office is back pain. Back pain is among the leading causes of disability in this country. That is why we work hard to educate all of our patients on some of the most common causes and treatments of back pain.
The Common Causes of Back Pain
If someone is suffering from back pain, there are a few common causes. Some of the most frequent reasons our patients suffer from back pain include:
- Poor posture that leads to the misalignment of vertebrae in the back, impacting the structural integrity of bones, joints, nerves, and muscle fibers
- The overuse of muscles that support the spinal column
- Pinched nerves that might be compressed as they depart the vertebrae and travel throughout the body
- A herniated disc, which might lead to shooting pains that travel down the arms and legs
- A possible compression fracture stemming from a fall or injury
- Degenerative disc disease, arthritis, and other common chronic medical conditions
These are only a few of the many common causes of back pain that we see. One of the most common is called a subluxation.
Subluxation as a Cause of Back Pain
One of the common back pain causes that we see is called a subluxation. A subluxation is a type of injury that impacts the bones and joints, including those of the back. If the subluxation of the back has taken place, then one or more of the vertebrae (or joints) has moved slightly from its proper location. This displacement can lead to back pain and can impact the overall structure and function of muscles, nerves, bones, tendons, and ligaments in the back. Fortunately, a trained chiropractor knows how to deal with these injuries.
Chiropractic Treatment of Back Pain: The Benefits
If someone comes to see a chiropractor for the treatment of back pain, he or she will start with a complete history and physical examination. Then, using chiropractic adjustments and manipulations, the vertebrae will be restored to their proper locations. Proper alignment is critical in the back pain treatment process. Then, corrective exercises, physical therapy, and even acupuncture can be used to complete the recovery process. Some of the benefits of working with a chiropractor as a back pain doctor include:
- The potential side effects of back pain treatment are minimized
- A chiropractic back pain doctor is going to work to identify the root cause of the pain, helping to prevent it from returning
- A chiropractor will work to get to know his or her patients individually and tailor the treatment plans to meet those needs
Comparing the Types of Back Pain
There are multiple types of back pain. These include:
- Upper Back Pain: Upper back pain takes place closer to the neck than the pelvis. Overall, upper back pain is not as common as lower back pain. Some of the most common causes of upper back pain include whiplash, postural issues, degenerative disc disease, arthritis, and pinched nerves.
- Lower Back Pain: Lower back pain is more common than upper back pain. Individuals who suffer from lower back pain tend to suffer from paraspinal muscle tenderness, muscle overuse, a herniated disc in the lumbar region, and posture problems.
Visit Larson Chiropractic and Acupuncture for a Back Pain Doctor in Lincoln
At Larson Chiropractic and Acupuncture, we know that back pain can be incredibly frustrating. That is why we will work hard to deliver high-quality, compassionate healthcare to everyone who comes to see us. We would be happy to take care of any back problems you or your loved ones might have as well. If you would like to learn more about how services, then please call (402) 421-1626 to schedule an appointment with our back pain doctor in Lincoln. We look forward to hearing from you!