Many Americans are in the group over the age of 65 when they qualify for Medicare insurance. Some patients with specific disabilities and conditions may qualify for Medicare, even under 65. It is nice to know that Larson Chiropractic and Acupuncture in Lincoln, NE, accepts this health insurance for chiropractic care that is allowable for payment under the Medicare insurance program.
Medicare is a national (federal) program, and its rules apply equally no matter where you live in the United States. The U.S. Congress authorized the federal Medicare program in 1965. Funding for Medicare comes from payroll deductions while still working, other federal taxes, consumer payments, and premiums enrolled members pay.
Navigating the Medicare insurance rules is a challenge. The staff at Larson Chiropractic and Acupuncture in Lincoln, NE, are patient advocates who work on your behalf to ensure coverage. We believe every patient deserves help in understanding their insurance. Medicare is one of many acceptable insurance programs to help pay for your chiropractic care.
Health insurance coverage for chiropractic services has limits under Medicare. However, some benefits exist for those enrolled in the Medicare Part B program. Medicare Part B covers some chiropractic services and treatments if they are medically necessary, as confirmed by a qualified doctor.
Medicare Part B covers certain chiropractic services such as:
The amount a patient pays for these services varies, depending on the type of services and the patient's plan. In general, the patient is responsible for 20% of the cost of each procedure, which is within the doctor-approved treatment plan. Medicare covers the remaining 80% of the cost.
Medicare Part B also covers preventive care services such as spinal examinations and evaluations. These services do not require a copayment, although the patient may be responsible for any applicable deductibles.
Medicare Part B also covers a certain number of chiropractic visits per year. The number of visits covered varies depending on the type of service and the patient's treatment plan. Generally, Medicare Part B covers up to 20 visits per year for chiropractic services.
Medicare Part B does not cover experimental services or those not medically necessary. Medicare Part B also does not cover massage therapy and acupuncture services. However, there is an exception. Since 2020, Medicare coverage of acupuncture treatments may be available if you suffer from chronic low back pain. For low back pain, acupuncture is an alternative to taking opioids.
Medicare Part B does not cover the cost of any devices or supplies used in conjunction with chiropractic services. This exclusion includes items such as braces and splints. Additionally, patients should be aware of any deductibles and copayments that may be associated with the services.
It is best to call us for verification of your coverage. We can explain how Medicare insurance works as health insurance for chiropractic care. This helpful information is part of our patient services to ensure you are fully informed about the cost of your chiropractic care and the chiropractic health insurance coverage you have.
The main issue about getting Medicare to pay for certain chiropractic care is that the treatment must be deemed medically necessary. A qualified doctor at Larson Chiropractic and Acupuncture in Lincoln, NE, makes this determination.
Medicare insurance can help with the payment options for the cost of chiropractic care provided by Larson Chiropractic and Acupuncture.
Give us a call at 402-421-1626 to learn more about your deductible and copayments for Medicare insurance coverage and to set up an appointment for an initial consultation with a qualified doctor.
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday:
10:30am – 12:30pm and 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Thursday: 10:30am – 12:30pm
Friday, Saturday and Sunday:
3855 Village Dr. Ste 200
Lincoln, NE 68516
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday:
10:30am – 12:30pm &
3:00pm – 6:00pm
Thursday: 10:30am – 12:30pm
Friday, Saturday & Sunday: Closed