Whiplash Treatment in Lincoln
Whiplash is one of the most common reasons why people schedule an appointment with our practice. Those who have suffered from whiplash in the past understand the serious issues this injury can create. When it comes to whiplash, there are a few important points to keep in mind.
What is a Whiplash Injury?
Whiplash is one of the most common injuries that someone might suffer in a car accident. When someone is involved in a motor vehicle collision, the rapid changes in momentum will cause the neck to snap back and forth quickly. This will sprain the ligaments of the neck and upper back, leading to whiplash and severe neck pain.
The Common Symptoms of Whiplash: Neck Pain
If someone has developed whiplash, there are a few common symptoms that are going to develop. These symptoms include:
- Those who have suffered whiplash are going to develop severe neck pain and discomfort
- This pain is going to vary depending on the severity of the sprain
- The neck will also feel stiff and tight
- Individuals with whiplash will have trouble turning their head from side to side or up and down
- Whiplash will impact someone’s ability to drive a car, carry on a conversation, and get comfortable in bed at night
Due to the serious issues that whiplash can create, it is a good idea for everyone who has been involved in a car accident to see a doctor.
When Should Someone See a Doctor for Whiplash?
If someone has been involved in a car accident, it is a good idea to see a doctor as quickly as possible. First, there might be more than one injury suffered in a car accident. It is important to have a full examination performed to identify all possible injuries. When it comes to whiplash, the sooner someone sees a doctor, the quicker the recovery process is going to unfold. When someone suffers from whiplash, the ligaments in the neck are going to start to tighten up. This is the cause of pain, discomfort, and neck stiffness. The sooner a doctor is able to address the ligament injuries, the faster the neck stiffness will subside.
The Benefits of Seeing a Chiropractor for Whiplash Treatments
Anyone who has suffered whiplash should make sure they see a chiropractor for the treatments. Some of the benefits of seeing a chiropractor for a whiplash injury include:
- A chiropractor will work hard to identify the root cause of the injury. This means that not only will the symptoms be treated but the injury will be prevented from returning.
- Chiropractic treatments have few side effects if any. While other treatment options are might lead to serious side effects and complications, chiropractic care takes a natural approach. This minimizes the development of any side effects.
- Finally, a chiropractor takes the time to get to know his or her patients. The treatment plans are tailored to meet the individual needs of each person who comes through our doors.
These are only a few of the many benefits of working with a trained chiropractor for whiplash treatments in Lincoln.
Trust a Whiplash Doctor in Lincoln from Larson Chiropractic and Acupuncture
Whiplash is a common injury that merits the attention of a trained whiplash doctor in Lincoln. Those who are in search of a well-rounded healthcare provider who places the patient first should come and visit Larson Chiropractic and Acupuncture today. We offer numerous healthcare services include pregnancy chiropractic care, prenatal services, family chiropractic services, pediatric care, and acute injury healthcare. We work hard to stay on top of the latest treatment options and techniques in our field. We would be thrilled to leverage these resources for you and your family. To schedule an appointment with our office, please reach out to us by dialing (402) 421-1626. We look forward to speaking with you and your family.